The way Destiny was transitioned onto raw was using this transition method
- First protein chicken for 2 weeks
- Second protein added by using chicken and beef mix for 1 week
- Third protein added by using chicken and tripe mix for 1 week
- Fourth protein added by using duck and tripe for 1 week
- Other proteins added from here on out at you choice. Your dogs will be transitioned and ready to enjoy all of the flavours.
Destiny is now a dog that looks forward to every meal, she is much happier and has a shiny coat. Her teeth are amazingly white and loves life to the full. I hope you see these benefits and more in your dog now you have started with the raw diet.
Mazikeen is my puppy, the day I got her she was weaned straight onto raw. Her first meal was gone in seconds. Too fast in fact so she is now fed with a slow feeding bowl! She defiantly enjoys every meal!
- First protein used was chicken for 2 weeks
- Second protein was introduced with chicken and beef mix for a week
- Next was beef for 1 week
- Third protein added was tripe and beef mix for a week
- For the last week green tripe
After this she was fully weaned and enjoyed all the flavours! She hasn’t found one she doesn’t like!
Transitioning and weaning can be achieved avoiding poultry if needed. One of our friend’s dogs was transitioned this way
- First protein beef for 2 weeks
- Second protein added by beef and tripe for 1 week
- Third week green tripe
- Third protein lamb for 2 weeks
- Flavours mixed and enjoyed from here on out!
Every dog is different; transitioning can be done with proteins to suit your dog’s requirements. The examples used are experiences of my dogs and a close friend’s dog. We are happy to help work out a personal plan with you based on our experiences!
We are on hand via messenger if you have any queries . Feel free to add to Destiny’s Raw Deli FaceBook page with any stories of your transition.